Construction companies and individual contractors are making use of strategically located storage units to increase efficiency. Reducing travel time to access building supplies, tools and equipment from traditional contractor storage facilities reduces costs. Self-storage solutions in the Madison WI area include multiple sizes and climate controls.
Self-storage Solutions Appeal to Many Businesses In Madison WI
Many small construction- and maintenance-oriented companies don’t have permanent warehouse facilities. They often work from vehicles, trailers or their own garage. Whenever a job is secured, nearly every tool and supply has to be taken to each site every day, even when only a few are required. Painters, electricians, plumbers, roofers, carpenters and general contractors all move around from site to site during a typical day. Having a central, nearby contractor storage facility can save time and energy.
The benefits of developing self-storage solutions for contractors include:
- Low-cost storage
- Secure storage provides peace of mind
- The ability to store tools, equipment and supplies of all sizes and shapes without limiting access by the size of a truck or van
- Making materials available to the entire crew, not just those in or around a certain vehicle
- Minimal costs – unless opting for a climate controlled unit, there’s no extra charges for electricity, heat/AC or Wi-Fi
- Sensitive materials and tools are protected from the elements
- Company vehicles can visit nearby storage units periodically as supplies are required
- Most contractor-oriented neighborhood storage solutions include drive-up units so supplying and resupplying vehicles is fast and efficient
Include Climate Control in Contractor Storage
The weather in Madison WI plays a significant role in many contractor-related decisions. Tools, paperwork – plans, permits, etc. – and many raw materials are impacted by changes in temperature and humidity. When considering self-storage solutions for temporary or long-term contractor or maintenance pro requirements, opting for units with climate control can be a wise decision. Humidity – both in the heat of summer and the cold of winter – causes rust and corrosion. Dozens of today’s modern tools are powered by electronics that do not respond well in temperature extremes. Climate controlled units are not a guarantee that these elements won’t have an impact, but they can be a reasonable preventive measure. Contractors have a lot invested in tools and supplies, wise contractor storage decisions are simple forms of insurance.
With climate control in place to protect individual items, overall security is always a concern, too. Many self-storage solutions provide security amenities that include:
- Video surveillance coverage
- Limited access thanks to gates, on-site security personnel and/or keypad entry
- Multiple locking options
- Full-coverage bright security lighting
Tips for Contractor Storage In Madison
When you roll up to a new self-storage unit it’s an empty space. Unless you’re planning on a very short-term rental, it makes sense to customize it to make the best use of the self-storage solutions it has to offer. Consider:
- Add simple, portable shelving – plastic take-down shelves are readily available and scrap lumber from a jobsite works well
- Include plastic bins and/or tubs – they help to keep dust and dirt off tools while containing smaller supplies
- Plastic bins are easy to fit into many spaces, can be color-coded and readily labeled so many different people can make the most of them
As a company’s reach expands, the need for on-site tool and supply storage expands with it. There are affordable, functional and flexible contractor storage options in the Madison WI area. A+ Storage has units of all sizes available at three separate storage facilities . Two locations include climate controlled units. All are readily accessible to for Dane county residents in Waunakee, Middleton, Verona, Fitchburg, Oregon, McFarland, Monona, and Cottage Grove.
Call A+ Storage at 608-837-5113 in Sun Prairie or 608-442-7339 in Madison or email us for details on contractor storage units that can provide profitable self-storage solutions in the Madison WI area.