In a hot real estate market like Madison WI, using a short-term self-storage unit to stash the clutter and facilitate staging houses for sale is a wise move. Storage units are available in assorted sizes with variable rental terms. Climate controlled units are ideal for prize possessions, furnishings and valuables removed while selling your home.
Staging Houses For Sale is Recommended
You may feel comfortable in your home and see no reason to change. But, what are the chances would-be buyers will feel at home in your shadow? Realtors routinely suggest moving furniture out of rooms, taking pictures, posters and art word down and doing whatever you can to make the house more neutral. That may make sense, but what do you do with your treasures? Filling the garage or basement isn’t a good option – buyers want to look there, too.
Clutter is like beauty, it’s “in the eye of the beholder.” What a realtor defines as clutter, you may define as prize possessions. Finding a safe place to for treasures serves three purposes:
- It reduces the perceived clutter making the home more “presentable.”
- It gets your valuable out of the way when strangers are wandering through your home – often with touchy-feely children in tow.
- It gives you a head start on the moving process – you have to pack, pad and protect your furnishing and valuables when you shift it to short-term self-storage.
The best rule of thumb: Anything you don’t need during your daily living can be directed to short-term self-storage.
Consider The Benefits of Climate Controlled Self-Storage
Once you determined what you want to store, consider:
- How Long? — How long will the pieces be stored? The longer anything is stored, the more the environment around it can change. In the changing climate around Madison WI, consider a secure and climatically controlled environment. If you’re not sure how long selling your home and moving might take, it is better to be cautious and plan for a climate controlled solution right away rather than try to change later.
- Easy, Often Access — If you plan frequent visits to the unit, a non-controlled space is a better choice. The more you go in and out, the less efficient climate controls are.
- Clean and Safe — A sealed environmentally controlled storage unit is cleaner than traditional units because dust and dirt is kept out.
Depending upon the time of year and the expected length of storage, various units are potential aids to staging houses for sale. Transitioning to a new home can take time. Selling your home can be delayed and a move-in date for a new home might be extended.
Staging Houses For A Big Move
Now might be a good time to sort through your belongings. It may be easier when items are collected in a self-storage unit. While staging houses for sale is a good bet, storing seldom used or unique items will help you organize your move into a new home. Sitting in a short-term self-storage facility, possessions are readily available to be cataloged, sorted and designated for the new house or garage sale.
As you stage your home for a quick, profitable sale, short-term self-storage units are affordable, functional and flexible. An organized plan is a true benefit to a quick, smooth sale. A+ Storage has units of all sizes available at three separate storage facilities in the Madison WI area. Two locations include climate controlled units. All are readily accessible to for Dane county residents in Waunakee, Middleton, Verona, Fitchburg, Oregon, McFarland, Monona, and Cottage Grove.
Call A+ Storage at 608-837-5113 in Sun Prairie or 608-442-7339 in Madison or email us for details on how a versatile short-term self-storage unit can help in staging houses in the Madison WI area.