Before the cold winds blow and snow falls, now is a good time to store your belongings in winter storage units.
If you find you do not have enough room for storing “outside things” or “inside things”, using winter storage units will allow you to have room to operate in your garage or closets.
Consider What You Could Place In Winter Storage Units
There are three major categories of belongings that make sense for securing in winter storage units.
- Beach Supplies – Make sure everything is dry & use “damp-rid” to fight mold
- Other sporting equipment
- Be sure items are completely wiped down and dry before storing
- Store items on the ground to prevent damage from the item falling.
- Cover the ground/concrete before placing items on the ground
- Store clean clothes (dry clean or launder before storing)
- Use wardrobe boxes to hang clothing to store for winter
- Satchels of dried lavender or dryer sheets (keeps clothes smelling fresh)
- Clean and dry to prevent any damage or mold
- Use dust covers or furniture covers
In Madison WI, leaving belongings outside during the winter months will accelerate aging, depreciate the value of your RV and expose it to extreme weather. Storage units for vehicles and RVs allow owners a safe and affordable way to protect their investments.
To learn more about how self storage and climate controlled units can help protect your property and your budget this winter, contact A+ Storage. We have traditional units and climate controlled units at our Madison WI storage facilities. Our self storage facilities are easily accessible for Dane county residents in Waunakee, Middleton, Verona, Fitchburg, Oregon, McFarland, Monona and Cottage Grove.
Call A+ Storage at 608-837-5113 or email us for details on our winter storage units in Madison WI, Sun Prairie and Deforest.